YEAR OF THE SWITCH
Week of January 1st, 2017
What a good week. First, I had a ton of success in learning GameMaker and porting old code and concepts over to it. I had been worried that I wouldn’t ‘jive’ with the GameMaker Language or GMS in general, but I genuinely love it and find it really interesting and easy to work with
As promised, this time I have actual GIFs to share again, so you know things are going great 🙂
This was my 2nd-to-last week at work, and was also the first chance I had to tell my coworkers I was leaving. As was expected, it was crushingly melancholy. I’ve said this a few times, but it would be so much easier if I was leaving my job for another job, or if I was leaving because I hated my boss or my coworkers or whatever.
But I don’t! I love them all. They were all so supportive and genuinely interested in what I was doing, and it’s making leaving even harder.
I also now know more than ever that I’m making the right move. What remains is one last workweek – 5 days more days of ties and commutes and Outlook. After that? Well…
…guess we’ll find out
- Learned a ton in GameMaker. I seriously learned more in these last 7 days then the last 7 years previous
- Discovered a new user of MindMaps: Using it to create a Product Map of sorts.
- Did a lot of coding, adding in basic movement, dialog, and a tileset I had created long ago
- Continued to use tools and processes such as Pomodoros and KanbanFlow
- Really none, other than the sadness of my transition